Saturday, April 14, 2007

The Jury Is In

A while back I put 12 Angry Men in our Netflix queue, and it showed up in the mail a week or so ago. Well, today it's been raining, so after a hike with VJ I decided to workout in the house while watching the movie. I finished my workout, and then sipped on some coffee while finishing the movie. I had seen it once before, but it's an intriguing film. The quality of the ensemble cast who make up the jury is easily seen just by looking at the shot above. But that's only the beginning. It's a wonderful character study, and even though the outcome is fairly predictable, it's camera angles and use of stereotypes as symbols is marvelous. Yes, filmed in 1957, it's not as slick as a similar film today might be, but it's a classic treasure. I just love it. If you're a movie buff and haven't seen it, you need to put it on your list.
About a year or more ago somebody sent me a link to an "add" for a new video game called Song Leader Revolution. Well, today I received an email with a link to the the new 2007 version. Click here and you can see both the 06 and 07 versions. They're both a hoot. Enjoy!

No comments: