Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Cross Quotes


I love this quote courtesy of Heartlight.org.


We never move on from the cross of Christ, only into a
more profound understanding of the cross
. - David Prior


The cross is such a deep and powerful image... one that has grown more rich over the years. I think my favorite quotes about the cross (other than scripture) come from songs. Here are a few:


Upon that cross, of Jesus,
Mine eye at times can see
The very dying form of One
Who suffered there for me;
And from my smitten heart, with tears
Two wonders I confess:
The wonders of His glorious love,
And my own worthlessness.


When I survey the wondrous cross
On which the Prince of glory died,
My richest gain I count but loss
And pour contempt on all my pride.


Knowing all He would endure, He still came.
Disregarding ev'ry cost, from the manger to the cross.
He still came just for me, He still came.

Behold the Man upon a cross,
My sin upon His shoulders.
Ashamed, I hear my mocking voice
Call out among the scoffers.


Heaven came down and glory filled my soul,
When at the Cross the Savior made me whole.

OK, those are a few of mine. What about you?

No comments: