Saturday, May 10, 2008

The Beat Goes On

Well, sitting around with my foot propped up is going OK, but I can see that two weeks of this will probably leave me a bit stir crazy. I'm getting some work done, some reading caught up on, and some movies watched, but there has to be more, right!?!

There's this biblical principle that laughter is good medicine, so I thought I'd share some jokes from the May issue of Reader's Digest... don't start laughing yet.

Interviewing a college applicant, the dean of admissions asks, "If you could have a conversation with someone, living or dead, who would it be?"
The student thinks it over then answers, "The living one." submitted by Dave Gau

Catch you off guard? Let's try this one.

An orangutan in the zoo has two books - the Bible and Darwin's Origin of Species. He's trying to figure out id he's his brother's keeper - or his keeper's brother. submitted by Samuel J. Stannard

Nice play on words, eh? If you liked it, you'll love this one.

A man goes to the doctor complaining about stomach problems. The doctor asks him what he's been eating.
"I only eat pool balls," he says. "Red ones for breakfast, yellow and orange ones for lunch, blue for afternoon snacks, and purple and black for dinner."
"I see the problem," says the doctor. "You're not getting enough greens."

Now that one made me laugh out loud, but I'm a sucker for wordplay. One more... a little different style.

When a lonely frog consults a fortune-teller, he's told not to worry. "You are going to meet a beautiful young girl," she says, "and she will want to know everything about you."
"That's great!" says the excited frog. "When will I meet her?"
"Next semester," says the psychic, "in biology class." submitted by Zhang Wenyl

That's all, folks!!

No comments: