Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Sunday's Comin'

This coming Sunday we'll be looking at and thinking about some of the ways we reflect God's character when we get outside our building and outside our comfort zones to serve others. We'll also look at some very practical ways we can do that, including some that our Eastside Family members are involved with. It'll be one of those Sundays when we don't have a full-fledged sermon, but I'll have several opportunities to transition between sections of the service, and I'll have one talking section of about 10 minutes.

I like doing this kind of thing, and our praise team rehearsal/devo tonight went really well. Now I just need to get my act together on all the things I'm going to say. Still have time, but I really need to have it down well, because once our worship assembly starts, I'll not have time to catch my breath until the closing prayer. :-)

I think it will be a good Sunday... looking, I believe, at the direction God would have us go to serve our community and impact our culture. May He be glorified.

No comments: