Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Precip


Living in California with 34 million other people, the knowledge that we're always only a couple of drought years away from big water trouble is never buried too deeply my mind.

So, even when this year's "rainy season" is above average and I'm getting a bit tired of the cold drizzle, the chilly winds, and the gray skies, I keep telling myself that we really need the precip and that this spring the rains will end, things will dry out, and the hills will be brown before summer.

Of course, those who ski are ecstatic about all the snow in the Sierras, and those who measure snow pack to determine how much water is stored up in those mountains are licking their chops. I have no idea where the picture above was taken, but I decided to post it in their honor.

No comments: