Saturday, March 22, 2008

Hair Today... Gone Tomorrow... or Last Week

A while back I decided that when John DeDeaux, who had been in the hospital following serious complications following knee replacement surgery, was able to return to church, I would shave off the beard I had started last fall. Well, March 9th John was with us in worship for the first time since before Christmas. It was soooo good to see him!! It also meant it was time to shave. I decided to do it in stages over about a week. Here are the steps.





Reactions have been mixed. Virginia didn't mind the beard, but she says I look 10 years younger without it. Don't know about that... that last visage above has lots of wrinkles. My mom isn't out here, but I'm guessing her comment when she sees this will be something like, "About time." On the other hand, some of the teens at church say I should grow it back because I looked more distinguished with it. Not sure about that either, but I think I'll keep shaving for a while.

No comments: