Sunday, March 09, 2008

On This Date...


March 9 seems like it would be a pretty ordinary, run-of-the-mill date. I mean it's too early for Easter, too late for Valentine's, and, well, just to mundane to be exceptional. Yet, it seems that this seemingly commonplace date has some special qualities after all.
On this date...



  • in 1959 the first Barbie dolls went on sale at the American Toy Fair in New York City


  • in 1964 the first production Ford Mustang was assembled in Dearborn, Michigan


  • in 1943 Robert "Bobby" Fischer, World Chess Champion from 1972 to 1976, was born in Chicago


  • in 2000 John McCain suspended his presidential campaign... guess that's turning out differently this time for him

Finally, I love this quote attributed to Thomas Jefferson, "I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work the more I have of it."


No comments: