Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Thanksgiving Homecoming

I'm getting excited... not about the drive to SFO tonight, but who will be getting off the plane and meeting us in baggage claim. Jennifer, Fok and Kaleb arrive at 10:30, and we should be back home before midnight. And so Thanksgiving 05 begins.






Jeremy and Amber are headed from L.A. to Fresno even as I write. They'll spend the night with Steve and Gail, getting some rest, and head this way in the morning, arriving sometime tomorrow afternoon.
We're ready... or getting that way. Virginia has been shopping and cleaning and planning. We'll try to prepare favorite recipes... lots of fun with ideas from a variety of families. We'll hang out and talk, maybe hike in the hills or see the new Harry Potter flick. Some of us will probably hit the famous "Friday after Thanksgiving sales" that will abound... I'll pass on that one.

Oh yeah, we'll also take some time to pretend like it's Christmas and exchange gifts. Kaleb will love that... and so will I for that matter. It will be a great few days.

God, help us each to appreciate and relish the time together, brief though it is, and be thankful.

2 comments:

Neena said...

I'm with you about passing on the shopping for sales. Not a big shopper. I hope Thanksgiving goes well. Looks like you enjoy the family time just as much as I do.

Karen said...

Sounds like you have a great weekend planned. I'm making pies and rolls today.

We are certainly nowhere near ready to celebrate Christmas in this household, though. I can't even get in the mood yet. Is there a holiday version of "Trying to Get the Feeling"?