Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

The food has all been put away... the dishes washed... the table wiped clean... some of the gang are catching a late matinee of Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire... the 3 pies are patiently waiting their return. It's been a really good day.

Fok and I ran in the hills this morning for a little over an hour. He finished the run with a quarter mile sprint while I just tried to remember what it felt to have young legs. Virginia and Jen went for a walk around the lake. Kapil arrived just before they got back. Amber had Kaleb focused in fun ways on the Macy's Parade. Jeremy and I went over Sunday's service, and he kept tabs on fantasy teams.

We all pitched in to prepare the meal... a composite of traditional fare from several family sources... each one contributing something special to the meal. Watching Virginia enjoy the collaboration may have been the most fun of the day! We called my mom and talked with her for a while... Kent and Susan and family will be in Cabot tomorrow for a couple of days.

At one point during the day I checked email and linked to an article from the Bruderhof site. One article called Lights for Thanksgiving (http://www.bruderhof.com/articles/mosley-thanksgiving.htm?source=WeeklyDig) was really good. Check it out if you have a few minutes to spare.

As the day draws to a close, I'm feeling very thankful. My prayer is that more and more the actions of my life reflect that feeling. God bless, and Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Karen said...

The author of that article was from my neck of the woods back in MO, Rick... she was my high school history teacher's mom!

Glad your day was enjoyable. We had an early dinner, went to see the remake of Yours, Mine, and Ours, then took a drive out to the Golden Gate Bridge (hadn't been over there since we moved here).