Saturday, December 17, 2005

Shattered


Randy and I met out at the Stewartsville trailhead to run back into the Black Diamond Regional Preserve. It was a chilly and foggy 41 degrees with a slight breeze, and we ran for about 80 minutes. I didn't feel particularly strong this morning, so we ran pretty slow and stayed off the tougher hills. When we got back to the cars, I was a bit stiff and looking forward to a hot shower back at the house. As I walked between my car and Randy's, I noticed broken glass on the ground that I didn't remember seeing when we pulled up. As my eyes slowly turned toward the driver's door, I realized that my window was no longer in one piece, but shattered into a million pieces... some on the ground and most all over the inside of the car.

Amazingly enough, they didn't take registration or any other documents... they left my keys (I had my car key with me) that had been under the seat... all they took was a bag from the trunk with a small tool kid, a first aid kit and an old flashlight. The didn't even get the nice big mag light under the front sheet. Soooooo.... it definitely could have been worse.

I called the police to report it and get a number to give insurance and cleaned up the car. I'll call my State Farm agent Monday... although I have a feeling the repair will be slightly less than the deductible... we'll see.

I guess the Camry is probably happy... she gets the Honda's spot in the garage... at least until she's repaired.

1 comment:

Karen said...

And I'm just hearing about this now? Glad nothing important was taken!!

Had a great time with y'all tonight. I'm looking forward to a repeat!