Monday, May 15, 2006

A Corvette and Mothers Day

Well, Mom (Ruby Fern) arrived safely Friday evening. We had quite a traffic snarl getting through the tunnel on the way to the airport (Giants game... something about Barry Bonds going for 714 :), but we got there in time to meet her in baggage claim. Two years ago when she flew out, storms forced her to fly all over the place, eventually getting here about 6 hours late. This time was a breeze by comparison. Jeremy and Amber flew in for the Mothers Day weekend Saturday morning, so we had a really fun couple of days with everyone here.

We have a friend who has collected Corvettes over the years... for fun and as investments. A week earlier he suggested that I come get his brand new 2007 Corvette and have it here when Jeremy came. Sooo... Friday afternoon I drove out and swapped my 96 Camry for a this Corvette.

Needless to say, I got great reactions from both my mom and Jeremy when they first saw it. Mom started chewing me out for being so extravagant... Jeremy was almost in shock, thinking everything he had ever known about his dad had just gone out the window. They were both relieved to find out it was a "loaner." :-)

Man, is it fun driving that car!!! The gas mileage isn't great, but it has EVERYTHING on it, and it's a great ride! Thanks, Bruce!! Here are a couple more shots with Jeremy and Amber.

Here's a Mothers Day shot after church in our front yard.

Mom and I took Jeremy and Amber to the airport today to catch a 12:30 flight back to Burbank. Then we headed over the Bay Bridge, drove around San Francisco a bit, headed north across the Golden Gate Bridge, toured around Marin County, and eventually arrived back on Hwy 4 toward Antioch. It was Mom's first visit to SF, and I haven't been there but a few times. The only downside to our little tour was the thick fog that almost totally obscured the bridge even as we drove across it. However, a burger at In-&-Out made up for that. :) All in all... I good day!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Ha, I haven't known you as long as Jeremy has, and I think I would have figured out it wasn't really yours! :)

It was good to see the kids and your mom this weekend. I'm glad you all had a great visit.

Neena said...

That was a pretty car. I bet it was a good surprise. It sounds like ya'll had a good mother's day. We were in San Francisco when it was really foggy, but we got really good pictures because of it though.