Thursday, July 27, 2006

Thursday

I ran over the hill to Contra Loma today, and it was much nicer than last week. I didn't go real early, but it was only about 80 degrees... warm enough to be sure, but definitely not sweltering. Did about seven miles and survived just fine. :) It's supposed to be only 95 today... and maybe only up to 89 by Saturday. We'll see.

My sod is sort of surviving the heat, but about 1/3 of the patch looks dry no matter how much I water it. Hope it lives. Again... we'll see.

The beans in the garden aren't producing much... in fact I don't think the pole beans have had a single bean. The yellow squash is doing so-so, however, the zuccini and tomatoes are doing great. Not many things better than fresh vine-ripened tomatoes.

Tonight we're driving over to the Tri-Valley church in Livermore to catch Won By One in concert. They've had a long tour... clear back to the east coast this summer... and tonight is one of their final stops. We always love hearing them live.

1 comment:

Karen said...

You have heard the joke about folks who only lock their car doors at church in the summer, to keep friends from leaving squash and zucchini in them, haven't you?

Now you've got me thinking about zucchini bread. Guess I'll have to make some soon.