Thursday, August 10, 2006

Various

We finally got all the rebate stuff for our new washer filled out and in the mail. What's really cool about that is that by the time the rebates finally get here we'll have forgotten about them, so it will seem like someone is sending us free money. I put my first load in the new washer this morning... it's going as I write. One thing I'll have to get used to is the length of the cycles. I guess there has to be a trade-off in there somewhere... less water and electricity... less detergent... larger loads... cleaner clothes that aren't battered by an agitator... but... longer wash cycles.

Last night our praise team practice was fun and inspiring. We had a big crowd... 3-4 on each part, and there was a great spirit in the room. We had fun learning the Ken Young arrangement to "Higher Ground." It's one of Ken's earlier arrangements of an older and familiar song, but the message is the same, and it's a fun, energetic arrangement. I think the church will pick it up and have fun just proclaiming it's message as we close our worship Sunday morning. Also, for some time I've been wanting us to sing Keith Lancaster's arrangement of the Rich Mullins classic, "Awesome God" from the CD by the same name. Everyone's been working on it at home, and we tried it together last night for the first time... went great... and Josh did a great job with the lead. We'll work on it again next Wednesday night and use it on the 20th.

Virginia and I are heading to SF this afternoon for a short anniversary trip at a time share hotel downtown. We're riding BART to avoid the $40/day parking fee, and it'll be fun to use the Munis and cable cars to get around. Let you know later what we did... maybe even a few pics. Well, better get going... stuff to do to get ready.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I never really noticed the longer cycles. Of course, I never really sat around waiting for the laundry to get done, either. Seems like there are always plenty of other things to keep me occupied!

Hate that I'm going to miss Josh's last Sunday. Have fun with Awesome God. Any chance VJ will be taping it??

Hope your time in SF is fun. See you when we get back from the midwest!