Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Mid-Week

Whew! This week is ripping by! Kyle is on board and already connecting with kids and parents. He even recruited a couple of the high school guys to help him paint his office. Not much painting experience among the three of them, but they're getting the job done.

Jarrod's time is winding down, and I'm already beginning to miss the talks we won't be having. In a way, however, for him and for all of us as well, the quiet tension of him having to live in two worlds right now will soon be over... and there will be a sense of relief... or closure. In the mean time, I plan to enjoy the time we have left.

I love our praise team folks... so willing to use their gifts... so not ego driven. I know there are probably other churches that have singers with more talent than we have, but I'll take heart every time. Of course, it is nice that we can mostly sing the right notes too. :-)

Tonight Brian Koonce told me that someone with a PhD in math told him that there is a math reason why time seems to go faster the older we get. (Guess I need to check that out with Jennifer.) I'm hoping Brian is wrong or mis-heard what his friend said... I'm having a hard enough time keeping up now, and I'm not sure I can go any faster. :-) Have a blessed end of your week!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

Yeah, *mostly*... if they're in our range. :)

We're looking forward to getting to know Kyle better, and fattening him up a bit.

I'm not talking about the Jarrod/Lauren thing until I have to. But I totally get what you're saying.

Josh said...

Time winding down with Jarrod??? Did I miss a post? What happened???