Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kaleb Has Arrived!

About 5:00 this morning eastern, Jen and Fok got Kaleb up and ready to head to Logan Airport in Boston. His flight left there about 8:00, and 6.5 hours later our "unaccompanied minor" and the rest of the passengers landed at Oakland.

I left the office at 9:30, and the usual hour was plenty to get me to the airport. After about 40 minutes of line-standing to get a gate pass and through security, I got to the gate about 20 minutes before Kaleb's flight pulled in. It was great to see him, and he apparently did well on the flight. I think it's helpful that Jet Blue has TV screens for every seat, but he also had his game player (forgot what it's called) and two books to read as well.

After settling in at the house and eating a nice homemade smoothie, we went to see Nanna at work, ran a couple of errands, stopped by the church building to do a couple of things, and made it back to the house where I whipped up an early supper for him. Actually, it was early here, but about 7:30 by his getting up time.

We thought he'd be too tired to go up to church tonight, but he said he was fine. We sang through praise team rehearsal and he seemed to enjoy the kids' class he went to. We headed home a bit early so he could get to bed, but he asked for a snack, so I popped some popcorn, which he and Nanna and I enjoyed. Then he finally headed off to bed about 8:30 our time. My guess is he'll sleep well tonight.

It feels really good to have Kaleb with us... we'll enjoy the next few weeks.

No comments: