Thursday, September 04, 2008

Reunion Bug


Last week, a few days after we returned home from our SoCal trip to my 40th class reunion, I developed a mild sore throat. It wasn't too bad, and there were no other symptoms, so I just figured it was allergy drainage. Well, by Sunday morning my voice was beginning to be affected, and I could feel it in my head. Thankfully, my voice did fine through worship and class, but by Sunday evening it was going away.
Well, Monday and Tuesday I felt pretty rugged. Yesterday was some better, and today there was incremental improvement as well. My head is still pretty plugged, but I'm hoping to avoid a sinus infection.
Where did this unpleasant bug come from? Not sure, but I have a suspicion. At the reunion Saturday night one of the guys I talked with for a few minutes had no sense of personal space whatsoever (perhaps due to one too many trips to the bar), and he seemed to be sick. My guess is I brought his SoCal bug north. Oh well, at least it was a legal migration... and Virginia hasn't seemed to contract it.

No comments: