Thursday, October 15, 2009

Odds and Ends

I was leaving the Kaiser Deer Valley Hospital after looking in on one of our members and was struck with this view of Mt Diablo, shrouded in clouds left over from our storm, so I took the shot below with my phone. Doesn't really do justice to the view, but maybe you get the idea.


As I entered the locker room at the gym today, another guy who was getting dressed to work out looked at me and asked if people ever asked if I am Norv Turner, current head coach of the San Diego Chargers. I said he was the first, and we both had a laugh. Sooo... check out the pics below and see if you can find Norv.

Finally, I heard today that the group who is trying to purchase the St Louis Rams decided to drop Rush Limbaugh from their number due to the controversy of his involvement. I guess I have three reactions to that news:
  1. Rush is actually being held accountable for what comes out of his mouth?
  2. A media campaign and more or less threatened boycott of the Rams by some NFL players brought him down... talk about one's own medicine!!
  3. Maybe Donovan McNabb isn't so overrated after all, Rush.

2 comments:

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

This is totally off subject, but congrats on your newest granddaughter! We saw pics of her in church on Sunday. How very proud you must be! How is Caleb handling being the big brother to TWO girls?? How lucky they are to have a big brother like him. He'll always be there to look out for them and protect them - no matter if they want him to or not...

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

So are you saying you are not a Rush fan? ha ha Gosh - I haven't listened to him on the radio since I was in junior high. My dad took us to school every day, and that meant that we listened to whatever station he wanted. That pretty much meant each morning was filled with Rush and that other radio guy that would end his shows by saying, "And that's the rest...... of the story." I gotta say though that I have good memories of going to school with my dad with Rush L. in the background. I've lost touch with Rush now that I'm able to choose my own radio stations. ha ha Now I find myself listening to Walton and Johnson in the mornings. Talk about your political radio! I am pretty sure the democrats are NOT fans.