Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day

This morning my alarm went off at 6:15, and, as is usual, I groaned, rolled over, turned it off, and plopped my head back on the pillow so I could wake up. You see, when Virginia gets up, she more or less hits the ground running... wide awake... ready to go. I'm just not wired that way. I can get up as early as needed, but I simply gotta work through the waking up thing. Well, this morning... about 5 minutes after the alarm the phone rang. It was Jennifer, in NYC for a conference, calling to wish me a Happy Father's Day. That sure made waking up a little easier this morning.

Speaking of FD... I got a great card from Jeremy and Amber. It was really cool... honoring the time-honored place of duct tape in the family system. Drop by the house and I'll show it to you. :)

I hope all you dads out there had a great day today, and may God help each of us see all the ways we are blessed by family and friends... and through Jesus.

No comments: