Thursday, October 19, 2006

Biking and More

On some days, especially when my Achilles tendon is sore, I'll hop on my old bike, strap on my bright yellow helmet, and head off on a ride. Today was one of those days. My tendon isn't really that bad, but the weather was simply beautiful, so I decided on pedaling instead of pounding. Not sure how far I rode, but I pedaled pretty hard for about 80 minutes... up hills and down, bike trails and neighborhood streets, lots of winding fairly flat stretches, all part of a big counter clockwise "loop" that eventually brought me back home. My legs were pretty drained by the time I arrived back at the house, especially my quads. There was hardly any wind blowing today, so no matter what direction I was going, I was creating a nice cooling breeze. Good way to spend 80 minutes enjoying God's creation.

Got an email from Jeremy today. True Lift is running a special on the Wave of Grace Collection, the 3-CD set of 50 much-loved hymns. The set usually sells for $40 bucks, but they're running a pre-holiday sale of $29+S&H. Check out the link. You can listen to samples and read a little about the recording project itself.

Virginia's class this weekend was cancelled (actually postponed to be re-scheduled), so we're here instead of Sacramento the next couple of days. I had planned to go with her this time. The cancellation was because her instructor had a death in the family. It's convicting that my first reaction was to feel sorry for myself because our plans were dashed. How selfish is that?!? As I repent of that attitude, please join me in a prayer for the instructor and her family. And, we have some things to catch up on around here anyway. Give your loved ones an extra hug and take some time to notice the varied and surprising ways God is blessing you.

No comments: