Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Mom's Place

Well, the flight to Little Rock was late, but both I and my baggage made it just fine. Rick and Brenda Fielder, dear friends for years, came with Mom to pick me up. We had a good visit on the way home.

Today was a good first day here. Mom fixed the traditional late big breakfast of scrambled eggs and cheese, bacon, and those wonderful whole wheat muffins, the recipe for which is now in it's 4th generation. Of course we had an assortment of side stuff like OJ, jelly, honey, coffee, etc. Great way to start the day... even though I did sleep in, and no need to eat again until supper.

I cleaned out her gutters and downspouts, although they weren't very clogged. They'll probably need cleaning again after the leaves fall from the trees, but maybe Kent can do that on his next trip over.

I ran one of my old courses in the afternoon and admired the brand new high school building along the way. It felt good to jog along those streets again.

The church in Cabot does a Wednesday night fellowship meal at 5:45, with one of their small groups hosting it a month at a time. We decided that would be a good way to see people, so off we went for supper. And we did see several folks from our days here in Cabot... great fun. The one question asked by almost everyone was, "Where's Virginia?" Oh well... next time. :-)

We talked to more people before and after class... such a blessing to be able to re-connect, if even for a little while, with people who have helped shape who I am.

Well, that's enough tonight. Think I'll go continue another family tradition... indulging in a big bowl of Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla ice cream!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You were missed tonight. We worked on "Be Still My Soul" and it wasn't half bad! Enjoy your visit, and we'll see you Sunday.

Josh said...

Great! Now you made me SO hungry for eggs, bacon, muffins, and ice cream! I'm blamming my weight gain on you.