Sunday, September 23, 2007

Trip to Coarsegold

Friday evening Virginia and I loaded up the car and headed south and east to Coarsegold, one of those towns in the Sierra foothills not far from Yosemite. Our daughter-in-law, Amber, celebrated her 30th birthday on Thursday, and we met her and Jeremy at her folks house to extend the celebration a bit.



Steve and Gail are always great hosts and fun to be with, so it would have been a fun time even had it not been Amber's birthday. As it was, we had a great lunch at a restaurant on Beaver Lake, poked a little fun at Amber, enjoyed some cake and ice cream, and just enjoyed being together. I think my favorite card was from her dad (one I certainly would not have purchased... even though I did typo that it was Amber's 39th... sigh). Anyway, it said something like:


(front) Being 30 doesn't mean your life is over...
(inside) Just the young part!



Steve and Gail are building a new house, so we also got to go by and see it in its almost-getting-there stage. The builder told Steve it would be about 6 to 8 more weeks. Here are some birthday and house pics... enjoy!!

Steve and Gail lighting Amber's candles... where's the extinguisher?

I'll huff and I'll puff...


Amber with Mom and Grandma in Mom's soon to be kitchen.


In front of the new house

No comments: