Sunday, November 02, 2008

Moscow Trip - 3, U of I Arboretum

One afternoon while we were in Moscow we went to the University of Idaho Arboretum. It was established about 10 years ago, and they are doing a wonderful job adding interesting species. What a cool place for horticulture majors to get their hands dirty. Here are some shots from the visit.

Old barn at the entrance used for storage.


Kaleb running and playing. Housing area just above.


Oh, my!! Some of these shots still take my breath away!





Years ago we took a similar shot of our two kids posing on an oak tree branch in a canyon in SoCal.

I forget the name of this tree, but it had clusters of these red berries.

Leaf play.


These interesting trees are conifers but the needles turn color and drop off like most leafed trees. Pretty cool!

3 comments:

JLangston said...

Oh, my, those colors are just gorgeous!!

Amanda Brooke Kilgore said...

Wow!! I would LOVE to see those fall leaves in person!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree - the colors are amazing!
Keith L.