Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Refreshing

I just watched Obama's latest press conference. I gotta simply say that it is so refreshing to listen to a president-elect who can put words and ideas together in sentences that actually make sense... who can answer questions thoughtfully.

When listening to Clinton a part of me always felt like I was listening to a car salesman. When listening to Bush a voice somewhere inside usually whispered, "Boy, we are in trouble!" So far, with Obama, I feel more like I'm listening to a trusted advisor.

I guess time will tell... but at least the press conferences will make sense. The only folks I feel sorry for so far are the SNL cast.

6 comments:

Carol Beck said...

george bush always gets such a bad rap but i dont think he has done such a bad job! he has always stuck to his guns no matter if the masses agreed or not he has done what he thought was right! he may not have been such an eloquent speaker but is that really what you want your president to be or somebody who can do things for the country? time will tell if obama can live up to his eloquent speech!!! im betting not! sorry if i sound a bit dramatic but i am truly concerned for our country under his leadership!

Carol Beck said...

sorry i let it all out on you but im just tired of people putting bush down! you just struck a nerve! after all the congress has a democratic majority and he cant do anything without them so he shouldnt get all the blame no matter what! if you want to ask me not to read your blog anymore i will understand! ha!ha!

Carol Beck said...

after all you do have the right to your own opinion! i think i may have forgotten that! you surely know what mine is now!!!

Rick J said...

You, and your opinions, are always welcome, Carol. :-)

And, as you said... time will tell.

Karen said...

I suppose it will be refreshing to listen to a man who can compete with the best orators... but I am also one who doesn't measure our leaders by their eloquence. Many of the things he stands for trouble me. But I don't put my trust in the leaders of this earth, so I will not worry.

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours, Rick.

Jen said...

I'm sure that SNL will find plenty to laugh at. Since in this country, the President is both the Head of State and the leader of the government, I think that it is extremely important that (s)he be articulate in representing our nation to the world.

While it is true that Bush has done what he thought was right no matter what anyone else said, that has not always been what was best, and it has certainly hurt our international relations. A competent Head of State is extremely important for repairing those strained bonds.