Thursday, April 30, 2009

May Rain?

Tomorrow is May 1st, and it's supposed to rain. Now, I'm not complaining... we need pretty much all the rain we can get. It's just not too common for us to get a good rain in May. I think our last significant rain last year was early March.

Makes me wonder how we humans will deal with increasing water shortages in the coming years as the world population continues to increase and traditional water sources like mountain snow melt diminishes. It's actually pretty amazing how much water the average American goes through daily... and how little water is available for those in 3rd world countries. Oh well... better go flush that low flow toilet.

1 comment:

Kory Kilgore said...

In Japan, the toilets have the option of "big flush" and "small flush." People say you should use the small flush when you can. The only catch is you have to hold it a bit longer so I'm ashamed to say I almost always use the big flush just to save a few seconds. I'll have to keep your thoughts in mind.