Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Moving in Moscow

... Idaho that is. I caught a 6:00 a.m. flight to Spokane Monday and am pitching in to help with Jen's and Fok's move to the house they bought. It's just a few blocks from the house they were renting to the one they are buying, but a move is a move, complete with lots of boxes, a healthy amount of disorganization, and some joy and relief as things begin to take shape.

My assignments are mostly things like assembling a cool new platform bed for Claire, putting together a couple of desks, making some cabinet repairs at the old house, and a variety of fix-it things around the new one. However, I have carried my share of boxes as well. :-)

I'll try to post a few pics when I get the chance. For now... it's almost time for dinner, and then we need to do some cleanup at the old house.

First thing in the morning... a trip to the hardware store. :-)

No comments: