Friday, January 27, 2006

Mom Bean's Birthday

Yesterday morning Virginia and I left the house at 7:30 to get her to Oakland for a 10:10 flight. Leaving that early, even in commute traffic, I thought there might be an outside chance we would be early enough to grab a cup of coffee before dropping her at the airport. Little did I know that there was an accident involving a tractor-trailer and at least one car. I realize that the folks in the accident, at best, had a REALLY long day, but all of on the freeway were impacted as well. The usual 50 to 60 minute drive took almost 2 hours.

However, Virginia did make it to her plane on time and arrived safely in Nashville to join in with her siblings to celebrate her mom's birthday this weekend. Oh, and she did have time to stop and pick up a cup of Peet's in the airport for the plane.

I'm pretty sure they'll all have a great time this weekend.

1 comment:

Tim Castle said...

Rick, I could have given you directions to a Peet's in Walnut Creek on your drive home. Or better yet, met you for a cup at the coffee place near our church, where they roast their own! Give a shout when you're going to be out this way again!