Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Wednesday Night

I always enjoy our praise team rehearsals on Wednesday nights. It's our time for singing through the songs for Sunday morning, working on any rough spots, laughing and enjoying one another, and, some nights, really feeling the Spirit among us as our rehearsal becomes worship. Tonight was one of those nights. The messages of the songs we sang, the passages we read, the people for whom we prayed... thank you, God, for inviting us into this time of worship tonight. Thank you for not requiring us to "get it right" before you ask us into fellowship with you. Thank you for tonight.

I nearly lost my voice as we sang tonight. I''ve been trying to get sick for almost a week, first sort of cold symptoms that went away. Then, yesterday, this congestion and a cough gradually came on, so I started with the decongestant and expectorant. I felt pretty shaky last night and this morning, but by tonight I feel pretty good... now if I can just get rid of this cough. Hope it doesn't turn to a sinus infection... I hate that. The worst part is that today Virginia is feeling bad... seems to be about a day or so behind me. Thank goodness for Airborn, or it might be worse for both of us. One good thing is that she's tougher than I am... always gets well quicker... maybe I'm just a wimp.

We're going to ZOE West Coast in Fresno this weekend, leaving really early Friday morning and driving back late Saturday. Karen Koonce is riding down with us, so she's coming over tomorrow night to stay over for an early Friday start. Otherwise she'd have to leave REALLY early Friday to get here from American Canyon. It should be a great weekend. We'll be staying with the Fosters, and Jeremy and Amber will be there, so not only ZOE, but a bonus weekend as well.

Well, lots to do before Friday morning... including getting well... hopefully!!

2 comments:

Karen said...

I've already taken my Airborne today... See y'all tonight!

Neena said...

I hope you have a safe trip and have a great time at ZOE. Actually you will probably read this after you have gone so I hope it was great.