Thursday, June 12, 2008

Bug from Idaho?

Well, the last few days I've been fighting a bug of some sort. It crept up on me Monday afternoon, masked as stronger than normal allergy symptoms. The one hint that it might be something more was a scratchy sore throat. Sure enough, by Monday night I was pretty sick and have remained pretty draggy the last couple of days. Today I seem to be better, mostly dealing with left-over symptoms like congestion, etc. Hopefully the next couple of days will see that clearing up also. My guess is that Kaleb shared a bug with me, but who knows for sure. Whatever its origin, I'm just glad that it seems to be subsiding and that (so far at least) Virginia is steering clear.

The Achilles seems to be progressing in its healing process. I continue to be hopeful that I'll end up much better than prior to the surgery.

Father's Day coming up this weekend, so early Happy Father's Day to all you dads out there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick - our family is on our way to visit extended family and we stopped in Omaha. Our church family here is reeling from a tragedy. One of the boy scouts killed in the Iowa tornado yesterday is a member of our church here. As you can imagine his family and the entire church family are numb. My good friend Jim White (preacher) was on Larry King Live tonight and has been telling Sam's story on various news networks. Please keep this entire community in your prayers! There were also three other young men killed there..an absolute painful tragedy.