Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today is quite a day. On this date in 1215 the Magna Carta was signed. If we'd been around Ben Franklin's house on this date in 1752, we'd have witnessed his famous kite experiment. In 1911, Tabulating Computing Recording Corporation (IBM) was incorporated... if only one of my ancestors had invested $100 with them. (Of course my great-great-grand kids might ask me why I didn't invest in Google.) Also, today is the 100th anniversary of Father's Day in the USA (although the first one was July 5). Like I said, quite a day!

This morning in our worship, we thanked God both for being our perfect Father and for the blessing of our earthly dads. Brice effectively reminded us how God uses worship to change us... to make us who we need to be... and how worship thus helps all of us dads grow closer to who we need to be for our families.

I hope that any reading this will remember to appreciate their dads... flawed though we are. And I pray that each of us dads yields to the Father who wants make us even more special.



No comments: