Thursday, October 23, 2008

Progress?

I was looking through a Reader's Digest today and came across this submission by Beverly Taylor of Colorado Springs.

When he received a journal as a gift, my eight-year-old son was mystified. "Mom, what am I supposed to do with this? The pages are blank."

"You write down interesting stuff that happens to you," I said.

"So, it's like a blog... on paper."


I love progress!

More Yosemite shots...

Nice vista shot from Mirror Lake area... actually "mirror meadow" most of the year since they quit dredging it in the early 70's.


The shot below is a natural spring that runs near one of the hiking trails year round...

providing water for critters...

and sufficient moisture for these ferns just down the hill.

One of the amazing things to me is all the vegetation that grows seemingly right out of the rocks. The granite walls of the valley are dotted with trees and bushes, whose seeds were likely deposited in cracks by birds or wind or water. What amazes me is that they can take root and grow when I sometimes have difficulty growing stuff in my garden! Here is a tree just above a hiking trail growing right out of a crack in the rocks. One of many!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Squirrels! I don't think Julia even know what those are...