Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Quote and Pics

My mom shared this Thomas Jefferson quote with me. I thought it both timely and worth passing on:

'I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow private banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around the banks will deprive the people of all property until their children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered.' - Thomas Jefferson 1802

Now that I've reminded you of the current economic hard times, let me share some pics to remind you that the One who created it all is still in charge.

These first two shots are from a short hike we did in the morning after we arrived.



The next one just shows how dry the river and streams are in the valley right now.


When I saw the tree below I had to look twice to make sure it wasn't plastic or one of those cell towers made to look like a tree. It just looked too perfect.


And, finally for this post, a shot of the chapel, the last of the really old buildings still standing. It is home to two active churches, offering both Catholic and generic Protestant services every Sunday. Hmmm... wonder if they need a minister... :-)


No comments: