Monday, September 18, 2006

Monday, 9/18


Well, today dawned... the first Monday in the office after Jarrod's and Lauren's departure. I wasn't sure what it would feel like... and it was a bit weird getting out of the car, looking across at the now empty parsonage, and going into the building. Ruth came in a bit later, and she had an OK day too even though she was pretty worn down by the weekend's events.

I told a couple of people today that in spite of the fact that I'm sad at their leaving, I have this feeling in my gut... this anticipation... that God has plans to do some pretty amazing things with this Family of Faith.

I'm not sure what all is around the corner, but already Kyle is recruiting volunteers and having a wonderful impact on our kids. Our reformatted Family Circles seem to be coming together. Our new adult classes are off to a good start. There is a new and eager interest in getting a Young Professionals group up and running. God is at work... on September 18.

No comments: