Saturday, September 16, 2006

A Saturday of Variety

Today was a good day. About the only thing that I'd have wanted different was Virginia here instead of in Sacramento for her class. However, with her gone the day had a definitely different feel than most Saturdays.

I ran about 6 miles over at Contra Loma, and my Achilles felt good. It was simply a beautiful day for a run. Blue sky... not too hot... nice breeze. Then, later I got an email from my brother, Kent, wit a link to some pics of Ryan's (nephew) cross country race. Early season on a warm day, and he ran about as well as he did all last fall. Hope he does well this season.

VJ and I are on the September cleaning team at church, so I rode my bike up to church and cleaned for a while. It was perfect weather for riding as well.

The sports pundits were calling today Separation Saturday in college football. I think that's because so many ranked teams were playing each other. There were a lot of games on TV, and I watched some of several of them. I guess I watched more of the USC/Nebraska game than any other. Sure enough, there were some upsets and other surprises, and... exactly 1/2 of those ranked teams that were playing each other got beat. Imagine that!!

As I posted Thursday, tomorrow is the last Sunday for Jarrod and Lauren. They are moved totally out of their house and stayed last night with friends. Jarrod's mom flew in to fly with him to TX where they're teaching a class together at the ACU lectures. Lauren's dad flew in as well and will help her drive the car to TX. Jarrod's mom is staying with her daughter tonight, but Jarrod, Laruen and her dad are here with me. I think we'll all get a restful night... big day in many ways tomorrow. God bless!

No comments: