Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Surprises

Yesterday and today I felt pretty normal during the day... a little stopped up but able to get quite a bit done at work. So, I was surprised when I pretty much ran out of gas last evening... I mean I was really zonked by the time I got home from our elder/staff meeting.

I felt better today, but I was again surprised this evening... hardly had a voice for praise team practice. I was surprised because I had been able to sing earlier in the day. Guess it's just that evening stuffed up thing.

I was also surprised at praise team practice tonight. Sunday we're doing a couple of prayer song sets that include "Father and Friend" and "Prince of Peace..." The surprise was that most of the singers didn't know either of these songs. That happens sometimes. Churches have always developed their own repertoire of songs over time... even in the good old days. While there are many songs in common, it's always surprising to learn the unique differences.

What wasn't surprising was that we worked on the two songs and they both came together nicely. Working with our praise team is, to borrow a phrase from a friend, working in an ego-free zone... I love it!! And the glory all goes to God.

No comments: