Thursday, February 02, 2006

Back at It

Today was a milestone of sorts. During the last couple of weeks while I was getting sick and slowly recovering, I haven't been running or working out. Frankly, I just haven't felt like it. Today was my first day back. Didn't do too much, and it didn't take much to be enough after so many days off, but it really felt good to be "back at it." There's just something about running or working out... or even working in the yard on some occasions... that cleansing feeling of sweat pouring down my face... that feels good. Somehow, I just feel more whole or something.

Our Praise Team rehearsal last night was a good one. Good spirit in the room, and we even prepared two new songs for Sunday, Praise the Lord from Jeremy's My Everything CD and You Are Holy from the ZOE Ancient Future CD. You Are Holy started out pretty rough, but everyone kept working on it until I think it's ready for Sunday. I think it's a great song period, but it's especially good for this Abraham series because it talks not only about all that God is in our lives, but expresses a faith and commitment to follow him. I think the church will pick it up quickly.

Well, I'm a bit tired, so it's about time to get ready for bed. Being "back at it" means a bit more sleep is required.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I hate that I'm going to miss our first Sunday doing Praise the Lord. I'm sure I'll be singing it in the car on the drive to Anaheim, though. I'll have My Everything and the Zoe In Christ Alone along for the ride.

See you next Sunday... if you need me, I'm up for it.