Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday Morning on the Road

Spring weather didn't last. Believe it or not, it has turned cold... and even some snow on the area mountains... down to 1500 feet. Now, mind you, it's not cold like it's been in the mid-west or back east, but for the Bay area, 30 degrees over night is pretty cold.

Well, Randy and I hit the road this morning about 8:00 for a long trek up the paved hills to Black Diamond Mines. It was clear and crisp with no wind... and no snow at our elevation. I struggled... been too long since I ran that far... but the conversation was good, and it was nice to finish... guess it's sort of like banging your head on the wall because it feels so good when you quit. It stayed pretty chilly most of the day, clouded up gradually, and started a cold drizzle earlier this evening. I think it's supposed to last until tomorrow afternoon.

Our praise team in the morning will be sort of pieced together. With some folks gone, and some getting sick late in the week, I had to make some last minute substitutions. I think we'll be OK... glad everyone is so willing... such a great team spirit. And, what can I say about my wonderful wife. At first she wasn't going to sing this week. On Wednesday, I asked her to sub at soprano for Suzy (whom I forgot was going to be gone). Then, today I got a call from Karen with sick kids, so I asked Virginia to move over to alto and called Marla to fill in at soprano. Also, Mark has gotten sick, so Jarrod is filling in on bass with Brad. We're singing a great combination of older and new songs, so I'm looking forward to tomorrow. Maybe you can be there!!

2 comments:

Neena said...

I wish we would have drizzle here. Anything wet will be a welcome change. We are at our 124th day of no rain in the valley. That is really sad coming from Houston where it rained a lot. I hope worship went well this morning for you.

Josh said...

I echo Neena...124 days without a cloud in the sky! UGH!!!

I'm so jealous that you guys get to see clouds, snow, drizzle, and rain...MAN!!!

Can we come visit? :)