Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday

I know this will sound pretty weird, but Monday holidays are some of my favorite days to go to work. OK... pick yourself up, dust off your britches, and try to understand. You see, there's always been a part of me that relishes things like getting caught up when I'm behind, getting ahead on something that's coming up, checking things off a list, taking care of that nagging chore that I never seem to find time for... that kind of stuff. I hear you... psychologists write books about people like me... but I can't help it... just wired that way I guess.

Sooo... today is a school and bank and government and (probably lots of others as well holiday), and where am I? The office. :-) Now, it's not that I don't enjoy time off... it's just that... well, here's the scoop.

Virginia works at Jet Tax, right? Now, do people who work at tax offices take holidays this time of year... of course not. So, if I stayed home, I'd be without my sweetie.

Also, there are several things coming up for which I need to prepare... not just the normal weekly stuff, but extra things like a class I'm teaching at a conference in a couple of Saturdays, along with planning and leading worship a couple of times at that conference. I needed to look at our back wall projector, since it's been acting weird lately, and we have Oasis kicking off Wednesday night.

Could all of this stuff get done if I hadn't come in today? Sure... but... I have a secret. I'm the only one here today, so I can just "cloister" and work. Ah... if you only knew the endorphins I'm releasing...

Well... back to work!! :-)

1 comment:

Neena said...

Reading your blog made me feel very lazy. Our youth group had a Lord of the Rings Trilogy day yesterday so all we did was watch movies. You getting everything done made me feel bad. :-) I'm glad it makes you feel better. I does me too.