Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Happy Valentine's Day!!


Well, here we are... Tuesday, February 14, 2006... the latest edition of Valentine's Day. Hope you are enjoying the day! Ever wondered about the origins of Valentine's Day? There are several versions, but, if you're so inclined, just click here and check out some of them.

Valentine's Day used to be a pretty big day for Virginia and me because it occurs exactly 6 months after our anniversary, and, since our anniversary is also VJ's birthday, it seemed appropriate to make a little bigger day out of V-Day. Slowly, over time, we've lessoned the emphasis, so we usually don't do anything big anymore. I tell Virginia that every day I get to spend with her is special... and I really mean it.

Don't get the wrong idea... we don't ignore V-Day. We still do the "card thing" and either eat out or grill something. In fact, I went by the house this afternoon and put a couple of steaks out to thaw. That should be good!!

Let me leave you with this passage. Wonder what our world would look like if more of us actually lived it out... day by day?

A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
John 13:34-35

No comments: