Tuesday, March 14, 2006

March Madness

OK... I like college basketball and the NCAA Tournament as much as the next guy... I mean back in the day I was a huge UCLA and John Wooden fan. I mean way back when they wore those short basketball shorts. So... do they call them longs now? Just wondering. Anyway, as I was saying before I interrupted myself, I've always enjoyed the NCAA Tourney. But I just don't get all the hype that surrounds it now. And March Madness??? Hello... they play the finals in APRIL. What's up with that? Shall we go with April Psychosis??? I heard on the news that it is estimated that upwards of $4 billion in productivity would be lost to American businesses the next 2.5 weeks due to water cooler and internet time given to the Tournament. And for gamblers... wow!!! Think of all those games they can bet on!! Gambling... sort of like a voluntary tax for those who are really bad at math.

Enough ranting. I'm pulling for UCLA... guess I should check on when they actually play. Now... where did I put that tournament bracket............

1 comment:

Josh said...

UCLA...come on man! I see Syracuse (sp?), Duke, or UNC.

They're "hot like a pistol!":)