Monday, March 13, 2006

Supper

Virginia is one step closer to her new job with the Antioch PD. She went for her physical this afternoon and passed with flying colors. They did say, though, that she might want to get her contact prescription changed in the near future... hmmm maybe that's why she still thinks I'm "handsome" :-) Well... I digress... after all, you'll notice that the title of this post is "Supper."

Because of the physical, she was pretty late getting home from work, so supper was up to me. Now, I'm not the greatest chef in the kitchen, but I am pretty creative... especially if it can be cooked in one pan. First a little olive oil... then 4 eggs to a soft scramble in the pan... add some steamed vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, sliced yellow squash) and mushrooms... I sensed it was asking to become a south-of-the-border creation, so black beans came next, followed by some salsa/ranch yogurt I had made up... a little salt and pepper and a light dusting with 3 kinds of cheese, and all that remained was some simmer time. Virginia got home, so we started with a spinach Caesar salad before digging into the main dish. It was surprisingly good... and pretty healthy to boot.

Hmmm... I wonder if it would fit a category at the county fair???

No comments: