Thursday, March 23, 2006

Spring for Real!


Wow! Today was a beautiful day! For the first time in quite a while I left the front door open because it was warmer outside than it was inside. That 70 degree air coming in just permeated the house... nice!

Earlier in the day I headed up over the hill to Contra Loma Regional Park. With all the rain we've had I wasn't sure if the trail over the hill would be muddy or dry, but thought it was worth a shot. There was a little mud in the low places, but easily avoidable, and trail running it much better than pavement... even with the hills. I decided to head out the south entrance to the park and run on Stewartsville trail for a ways... more trail running and a fairly decent grade to negotiate as well.

By the time I got home I my legs were letting me know they appreciated the outing, but it was definitely enough. What a great day for a run.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Ya know, none of the houses around here have a screen/storm door on the front door. I always thought that was a little strange. I have to rely on getting the fresh air through the windows or patio door.