Sunday, March 19, 2006

Sunday... full and rich

Today was a really great day. I started out the day a little stopped up and raspy from my allergies, but steam, Claritan, and pseudophed fixed me up so I could talk and sing.

I've really enjoyed the bible class I'm leading this quarter. It's a small group of us and we've been examining prayer and our prayer lives for several weeks. Everyone is so open and our conversations have been honest and transparent. I know God will use out time together in this class to shape us.

Our worship time today was one of those special days. Everyone was really into the singing... lots of enthusiasm. We introduced "Show Your Power" from True Lift's My Everything CD, and the church responded well. We'll sing it again soon.

At 4:00 most of our praise team folks gathered to work on new songs. We spent most of our time with more songs from My Everything, and we also worked on "I Belong to Jesus," a powerful Dennis Jernigan song from ZOE's Consuming Fire CD. I think it will be a compelling song for Easter Sunday.

We ended our day with the youth group... singing (voice shot at this point), laughing, talking about this summer's mission trip to Tuba City, AZ... just a good time with the kids, Brian & Laura, and Mike.

We came home a bit on the tired side... but it was a good Sunday... full and rich.

No comments: