Saturday, April 22, 2006

Boston, the Final Day

I know "final" probably sounds a bit melo-dramatic, but I just liked the feel. It was pretty chilly last night, and today dawned gray and blustery. We were pretty slow getting around, but the coffee was good, and Jen made some wonderful apple whole wheat muffins.

Late morning, Kaleb and I went out for a bike/run (me running, him biking) on a local bike path... have no idea who this is in the picture, but you can see the setting. :-) Kaleb has gotten really good on his bike, so on the longer stretches between cross streets he had to stop and wait for me. Kaleb was great on the downhill and flat portions, but I needed to give him a bit of a push on the hills. it was neat running along with him... reminded me of similar outings with Jen and Jeremy back 20 years ago or so. We were out for about an hour, so I was tired enough when we got home.

Mid-afternoon all four of us hiked to get some ice cream at a Toscanini's not too far away. The wind was in our faces on the way there,
but the ice cream was good! On the way home there was a light drizzle, but the wind was at our backs, so it was actually more comfortable.

Jen had given Kaleb a haircut yesterday, but she asked me to sort of even it up this evening... I gave it a shot. She had actually done the hard part, so all I had to do was pretend like I knew what I was doing. I'll post before and after pics when I get home.

Jen and Fok went out for a date this evening, and it's about time for Kaleb to get ready for bed, so I'd better close out. Blessings to all as you live in God's light!

No comments: