Friday, April 21, 2006

Friday in Boston

You know, I wrote "Boston" in the title, but we're actually in Somerville. Just wanted to make that clear. This morning we got off to a relatively slow start, but Jen made some Peet's coffee, so it was a good start! The picture to the right is not their house, but it's similar in style. They have the first floor of a 3-story house that contains 3 apartments. Sort of a "shotgun" arrangement with all the rooms either side of a long hall. Actually quite a bit of space... 2 offices, living room, kitchen, 2 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, shared laundry in the basement. The rooms are pretty small but the setup is great for Jen and Fok to work.

Fok took me on a run down through Harvard Square and the campus to the Charles River where we joined numerous runners, walkers and cyclists enjoying the sunshine and crisp air. You know, one of those days when you feel God has given you a bonus. We didn't go too fast, so I survived OK... about 71 minutes, so I'll call it 8+ miles. (By the way, that is not Fok and me in the picture. :-)

Fok went in to work and Jen wanted to attend a couple of math lectures in her field at Harvard, so for lunch I went down to a little Salvadoran/Mexican place and picked up some food for Jen, Kaleb and me before she left. Kaleb and I stayed on at the playground for a while, and then we went home to get his Taekwondo stuff for class.

Kaleb loves to read, so right now he's in his room with a book. I think he practiced tying his Taekwondo belt a few times, but the literary allure soon drew his attention. Jen and Fok should be home soon. Tomorrow is the last full day of my stay. The week sure has gone fast... but I'm lovin' it!!

No comments: