Saturday, April 01, 2006

A Varied Saturday

I was working in the kitchen when the phone rang. It was my mom, and she said, "I bet I know what you're doing... watching the UCLA game, right?" Well, she was sorta right. I have had the game on, but, as I explained to her, I get pretty nervous when I just sit and watch a game that I have some emotional attachment to, so I'm usually better off just having it on so I can check in on the score but focus on something else. We talked for a little while, and after we hung up I checked the score. WOW!! I couldn't believe it. The Bruins had not looked like world beaters in their previous tournament wins (at least offensively)... LSU had handled Duke and Redick (3 for 14)... I just hoped UCLA could stay close. They were well up in the first half, and as I write this they're up 55-34 with just over 7 minutes to go. It looks as if we'll have a Florida-UCLA final Monday night. Wonder what I can work on while I listen to the game then?

Randy and I had a pretty good, if drizzly, run up the Somersville hills to the Black Diamond Mines this morning. I felt better than the last week... maybe there's a chance I can get back into decent shape as the weather warms up.

Virginia's cough seems a little better... her voice sounds better... but she coughed so hard a few days ago that she strained something in her ribs. As a result, every cough is really painful. I'd rather take a beating than for her to be sick, so this is hurting me too. Pray that she gets well soon. Thanks!

She's been working on videos for church. Last year and this we decided to use the Sundays up to and including Easter to focus on this Community of the Cross that God gives us through Easter. Last Sunday we did a Child Dedication service... really neat to see those parents and grandparents commit to raising their little ones in the Lord. And the other cool thing was our church family committing to be there for these families... to support them. VJ did a really cool video with pics of the the kids for that Sunday. Tomorrow we're focusing on the love and community that church should be, and we're using the ESPN version of that JMac story. Palm Sunday and Easter we'll have videos as well... but I don't want to let all the cats out of the bag. :-)

We bought a Tassimo hot beverage machine today. I got it when I returned an Espresso/Cappucino machine we got last week. It just didn't work as I'd hoped, so we decided to try the Tassimo. I think we're really gonna like it... more later.

Well, the game is winding down, and I need to "spring forward" all our clocks before bed time.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Now that looks like a neat machine! And just the right size for the way we drink hot beverages around here, a cup at a time.

Looking forward to seeing what other goodies Virginia has in store for us.

Josh said...

I can't believe UCLA made it! I was rooting for them though...cuz you called.

I'll be rooting for them on Monday and I'll be calling you with the play-by-play!

Good call dude...good call!!