Thursday, April 20, 2006

R.F. O'Sullivan's Pub

Today was a catch up day for me and Kaleb. Jen and Fok both went to their offices to catch up on some work, so Kaleb and I hung out and "caught up" too. He caught up with his reading, and I caught up on some odd jobs Jen wanted me to do. I love being able to help out with "handy-man" kinds of things. You have to understand... my "handiness" is limited to a pretty narrow spectrum of skills, so having the chance to actually be of some real help is pretty cool. I walked Kaleb to Taekwondo this afternoon and picked up a few things from the hardware store... pretty quiet day, but the weather was glorious. Thank you, God!


Just a few blocks down the hill and through the pedestrian underpass is one of Boston's top 100 restaurants... R.F. O'Sullivan's Pub. What they're famous for is their burgers... 1/2 pound of freshly ground sirloin, cooked however you want it and piled with cheese or mushrooms or.... and topped off with a side of huge steak fries and/or freshly made onion rings. Jen had decided that I might really like it, so Fok decided tonight was the night. The Red Sox were playing, so the place was packed and loud, but everyone (including us) had a great time. And my burger was superb!!

I think tomorrow Kaleb and I will take the train with Jen to see Brandeis U where she teaches. Then, he and I may do a little sight-seeing on our own.

No comments: