Saturday, December 09, 2006

728B

There are many things about my life growing up in the Church of Christ fellowship that have shaped me in various ways. One of those has always been a love and appreciation for acappella music. I remember the agricultural and nautical themed songs we sang so often in my early childhood. There are distinct memories of learning to sing tenor and bass in junior high and high school. There were always favorite songs along the way... ones that were just my favorites, and a few that would have been in the brotherhood hit parade. Perhaps the one song that became our "anthem" more than any other, the one that almost anyone with a CofC background knows by heart was so beloved it came to be known simply by it's number in one popular hymnal... 728B. I never understood why it was 728B instead of 729, but it was... and we still sing it all across our fellowship today.

All of that to say that anyone who has sung and loved 728B, needs to check out the web site below. You'll no doubt want to order a shirt or coffee mug or perhaps Christmas presents for your family. Click on the link and enjoy!!

728B

No comments: