Thursday, December 21, 2006

You Better Watch Out!

Harbour Lights is a Christian preschool that meets in our building. Melody, wife of one of our elders, has been the director for years, and she has a great heart for both kids and their families. HL is no doubt the best long-term ministry we have.

They always do fun things for the kids around all the holidays, including a visit from Santa before Christmas. This year I got to be Santa and hand out gifts to all the kids. It was a blast! The reactions of the kids were really funny. Some couldn't wait to come sit with Santa and get their gifts. Others were too scared of this bearded guy in the red suit that they wouldn't even get close. One little boy came up to me with a wrinkled brow and worried look saying that I had given him the wrong present... not the one he'd asked for. using my best Santa voice and with a twinkle in my eye, I told him not to worry. He should just tell his parents, and I'd be sure to bring the right present on Christmas morning. Sure hope it works out for him!

Several people were shooting pics, so I asked one of them to email me a few so I'd have proof I was really Santa. About the only downside to the event was how sweaty I got in that costume. But it wasn't that bad, and the kids were certainly worth it!


No comments: