Friday, December 01, 2006

Big Weekend!!

This weekend will be one of those that goes by really fast because it's so full... almost like life has to hurry to get it all in. I'm writing this while sitting at a wedding rehearsal for which I'll run sound and lighting tomorrow afternoon. Earlier today I was cooking turkeys and hams for the big Mission Christmas Dinner tomorrow in the big convection oven we have at the fellowship hall.

Each year on the first Saturday in December, a bunch of church groups from Antioch and nearby join together to host a Christmas Dinner/Party for anywhere from 800 to 1000 homeless and underprivileged families. There's turkey and ham and all the fixin's, pie and cake and coffee and tea, music and bibles and presents for all the kids. This year we even have some reps from social service agencies who will be there to help where appropriate. It's a great event, and Eastside is more involved this year than we ever have been. For the 2nd year in a row, we're even providing the clean-up crew.

But I'm getting ahead of myself. VJ will head off for her class at Sac State about 5:30 in the morning... part of her certification. I think this weekend is on serial killers. At 6:00 I'll meet Kyle and the elders for breakfast and some discussion. About 8:00 I'll need to get the turkeys and other stuff ready to take to the fair grounds. The people will start coming about 10:00 and cleanup starts about 1:00 or 1:30.

However, I'll need to be at the building a little after 1:00 to open up and get ready for the wedding. I'm actually thankful that I'm just running sound. :-)

Sunday will be Sunday, including a lunch meeting with a group helping plan a a spring youth rally. I suspect by the time VJ gets home from Sacramento I'll already have taken a short nap.

The rehearsal went well... in less than 24 hours a new marriage will be formed. I think the weekend is already off to a great start!!

No comments: