Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Answered Prayer

This morning I received an email from one of our members with some great news. A mom-to-be and her quads, for whom we have been praying, are stable and all is looking good. Pretty big change from just a few days back when she was experiencing premature contractions and the docs thought she was heading for a way early delivery. Now things have calmed down and the babies are doing great. Two of them are even up to 2 pounds. Praise God!

That, of course, raises once more the age-old questions about answered prayer. When? How? Why? Why not? and so on. I know we've all been submerged in the idea that God always answers prayer... sometimes "yes"... sometimes "no"... sometimes "wait"... I just have never been able to get totally clear on which is which and how I know what the answer is. I always appreciate clarity, and that goes doubly for answers to prayer... I just struggle when the answers are not so clear. How about you?!?

Thank you, God, for listening... for caring... for demonstrating your love to us in so many tangible ways. Help us to have a growing faith.

No comments: